- Client: Gateway WA
- Contract: value $3m
Monford was proud to be part of Gateway WA Perth Airport and Freight Access Project, Perth’s biggest ever infrastructure project. The $1 billion project aims to improve the safety and efficiency of one of the state’s most important transport hubs and create an iconic gateway to Western Australia.
Approximately 2.6 kilometres of noise walls were installed along the western side of Roe Highway in High Wycombe to mitigate traffic noise and provide privacy screening to protect local residents.
Scope of work
- Remove topsoil up to 150mm from ground level (13,000m2 )
- Construct an embankment to extend batters to construct a 4-6m access track (1000m3 )
- Prepare foundation up to 150mm in depth (13,000m2 )
- Compact and test 200mm thick limestone access track (13,000m2 )
- Augur footings to the required depth
- Construct and install reinforcement cages (2,175m) for concrete footings
- Install sacrificial casing for each footing
- Install concrete to each augured pile
- Install cast-in bolts, 670 steel posts and 2,600ms of precast panels
- Backfill precast concrete panel with excavated material