Georgiou awarded Monford a $550k contract as part of the $105 million Aubin Grove Station project.
Catering for the growing communities in Perth’s southern suburbs, the Aubin Grove Station, along with the Russell Road upgrade, will work together to minimise public disruption and create cost efficiencies.
Like many stations along the Mandurah Line, Aubin Grove Station will be located in the median of the Kwinana Freeway, just north of Russell Road.
The project includes:
- A multi-modal station with approximately 2000 parking bays
- Six bus feeder services into Cockburn and Aubin Grove stations
- Bicycle facilities and connections to local paths
- Two three-railcar trains
- Passenger amenities, including toilets, lifts, stairs and escalators
- Local road connections
- Russell Road widening
Monford’s scope of work includes:
- Detailed excavation for new station and entry building foundations
- Form/reo and pour of the structural foundations for the new station walkways and concourse within the live rail reserve
- Form/reo and pour of the structural piers along the on/off ramps under traffic management
- Form/reo and pour of the new station edge platform
Construction began in 2015 and is due to be completed in early 2017.